Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Jennifer Lopez: I'm Still Jenny from the Block!






Working hard to revive her career, Jennifer Lopez says she'll always be Jenny from the Block, as her annoying, self-serving song told everyone many years ago.

"I guess in a way parts of me are going to be different, but in general I’m still the same girl from the Bronx who had big dreams," Lopez says in the latest issue of Redbook.

Over the last couple months, J. Lo has guest-hosted Lopez Tonight and taken the Saturday Night Live stage. She'll soon star in The Back-Up Plan and will also appear on Glee this spring. Will it be enough to make her an A-lister again?

Lopez claims she doesn't care: “I always wanted to be great at what I did - that’s what drove me... I never thought about money or fame, and I never really thought that would happen to me. All that was just a by-product.”The issue above goes on sale April 20.

In the interview, Lopez also touches on motherhood, saying:

“I can’t help but be a different person now that I’ve had kids. That really does change your whole perspective on life for the better. I definitely feel like I’ve grown up."

Do you wish to see J. Lo back on top of the music and acting world? She's the only artist to ever have a simultaneous number-one album and number-one movie at the box office. Those days feel like a generation ago, don't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment