Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Woman fired for being too "good looking"

A Stunning bank worker claims she was fired from her job because she's too PRETTY.
Gorgeous Debrahlee Lorenzana was told her figure-hugging wardrobe was "too distracting" for staff - in her male-dominated office.

The 33-year-old single mum claims she was banned from wearing certain clothes which included pencil skirts and fitted suits at US bank Citibank.


"I can't help it that I have curves," said Debrahlee.

"And I'm not going to go eat and gain 50 or 100 pounds because my job wants me to be the same size as everyone else.

"Where I'm from, women dress up, like putting on makeup and doing their nails,to go to the supermarket, 

"I was raised very Latin. We're feminine. A woman in Puerto Rico takes care of herself."

Her lawyer Jack Tuckner said she had such a good figure she would look "very attractive in a burka".

"Never did I ever show cleavage," she said.

"I like fashion, but I always dressed professionally.

"I could have worn a paper bag, and it would not have mattered. If it wasn't my shirt, it was my pants.

"If it wasn't my pants, it was my shoes. They picked on me every single day.

"I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I said, "You gotta be kidding me! I was like, Too distracting? For who? For you? My clients don't seem to have any problem."

Lawyer Jack added: "All it came down to was, 'We don't want to deal with you, because you're just too good looking."

Citibank said the lawsuit was "without merit".

A spokesman said: "Citi is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and providing a respectful environment in the workplace."..hmmm what is wrong with men?


source:thesun.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment